Kaneka Americas Holding, Inc. has achieved Health Canada Class III approval for Floradapt Cardio under the Natural Health Products Directorate (NHPD) as identified by the Natural Product Number (NPN) 80096187.
Floradapt Cardio is a patented probiotic that has been assessed by Health Canada and found to be safe, effective and of high quality under the recommended conditions of use.
Cardiovascular health management is considered a top priority, since cardiovascular diseases are the leading cause of death in adult Canadian men and women.
Floradapt Cardio's NPN allows for the following claims:
- Helps to reduce levels of total cholesterol in men and women with hypercholesterolemia.*
- Helps support healthy cholesterol level in hypercholesterolemic patients*
- Supports cardiovascular health by contributing to healthy serum cholesterol in hypercholesterolemic patients*
- Helps support intestinal/gastrointestinal health
- Could promote a favourable gut flora
- Source of probiotics
Mike Kolifrath, Vice President, Sales and Marketing of the Probiotics Division at Kaneka, commented: "With this approval from Health Canada, we are providing dietary supplement companies with an innovative way to engage the cardiovascular market."
Floradapt Cardio is part of Kaneka's Probiotic Portfolio, which are products based on a mechanistic approach to identify optimal strains for specific health applications.
The strain library collection has over 1,000+ strains strategically sourced from populations around the world with conserved microbiomes.
The Floradapt range includes strains for Cardio, Digestive, Intensive G.I., Gum Health, Mature Immune Defense, Vaginal Health, and Urinary Tract.
*Claims not valid for the US Market