The Fi Europe Innovation Awards are now live and open for entries. Applications can be submitted online until the final deadline of 6 October. Since their inception, these awards have provided an opportunity to celebrate the people, companies and organisations breaking new ground in the food and beverage industry.
With the support of leading associations and media partners, the Fi Europe Innovation Awards have become a must-attend occasion in the food and beverage industry, drawing widespread participation and recognition. An esteemed jury of industry professionals, chaired by Professor Colin Dennis, will assess achievements in seven distinct categories.
The awards are open to products, ingredients, innovations, applications, processes, solutions, technologies, machinery, equipment, services, strategies, or initiatives that have been commercially introduced to the market between 27 November 2021 and 27 November 2023.
The categories for the 2023 awards include:
- Sustainability Innovation, which recognises environmentally, economically or socially sustainable practices in the F&B industry.
- Plant-Based Innovation highlights alternatives to animal-based nutrition and celebrates the best new plant-based ingredient or application.
- Sensory Innovation acknowledges ingredients or processes that enhance the overall sensory experience of food products.
- Health Innovation will be given to an ingredient or process that is proven to contribute to better digestive, cognitive, immune or physical health.
- Food Tech Innovation showcases innovative processing, packaging or waste reduction solutions.
- Diversity & Inclusion Innovation, which is open to companies or organisations creating a work environment that offers equal opportunities for all employees.
- Food Training & Education for an outstanding contribution to consumer health and wellbeing with an educational initiative or pioneering idea.
The free-to-enter Fi Europe Innovation Awards 2023 are open only to companies exhibiting at Fi Europe 2023. Only the Food Training & Education and Diversity & Inclusion categories are open to nominations from non-exhibiting companies, associations or organisations.
The finalists will be announced on 30 October and asked to give a live 15-minute presentation to the judges in Frankfurt on November 27, the day before the show starts. The winners will be revealed during Awards Night on 28 November, an evening of sparkling celebration.
Yannick Verry, Brand Manager, Food Ingredients Europe and Americas, commented: “World-class innovators will come together at what we believe to be the most prestigious awards within the ingredients manufacturing industry. The Fi Europe Innovation Awards provide an ideal platform for companies to showcase their recent developments and benchmark their efforts against other industry players.”
“The awards not only serve as external validation of products, services or initiatives, simply being nominated can generate significant multi-channel media coverage, international recognition and publicity. This increased exposure can help companies to reach a broader audience and attract potential customers or clients.”